Hesitation Stockings, Hestiation Shoes

Saturday, November 27, 2004

Shirt Off

Slept in a bit after getting up at 4:00 am in order to scan the cyber world with my web cam. Not productive, however. Went back to sleep and then got up at 9:30 am, was somewhat behind schedule going to the gym. Still got in the 600 calories. Now wandering around the apartment with my coffee with my shirt off wondering if I should have a shower, WO, do the dishes, or vacuum. So I turned on the computer.

86.65 kilos. good.

Now, I need to write more often at home. On the California novel. Also on the story/novel "defending Hitler". Preston is just hanging up the phone with Marianne in his bed, the dog asleep on the floor. I need to find the emotional groove to write in; it is a bit like a trance. It is odd.

Still no response from S. Is this a cold shoulder? Is this indifference? I just don't know. I bought a 6/49 lottery ticket and a $20 long distance phone card.

Going to hockey tonight. Lots of funny associations with that, like me and my Dad, and the old Boundary Bay airport rink, and colitis and anxiety, and the heart-in-your-face physical exertion of it. And the beauty, in rare moments, of the game itself. Like in the story I wrote about the boxer.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home