Hesitation Stockings, Hestiation Shoes

Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Realized Later

It is funny how you hear things and only later grasp the real importance of what was said. On the telephone last night S. told me about how she had been meeting a friend at a KFC (or McDonalds) a bigger location apparently, and there was an upstairs, and she had to ask for the washroom and was sent upstairs, and she had to ask an Indian man upstairs for directions. And this man said, "Where are you from? You must be from India, you look like a Bollywood actress." This story was meant to be an illustration of the attention S. gets from men. Which is very true. And that's all I took it for. At the time.

But S. doesn't have any friends in London. If she was meeting one of her flatmates (who she doesn't really get along with) she would have used a name. So, in summary, she went out someplace to meet someone and got complimented by an Indian man. Most likely, I conclude, that she was meeting a man or the family of a man, who can help her with her immigration plans.

But I don't know for sure, of course. And I'm too afraid to ask lest it be interpreted as "interrogation". And I don't really mind what she has to do -- more like I am resigned to it I suppose -- but I hate the fact that it will develop in secrecy and then overpower my life. The "Broken Promises" e-mail from July which upset me so much may well turn out to be just a little premature: the real thing may be developing now. I wish I knew. It would be better to have the thing unfold gradually.

Wrote to ShAn. Appears I have two addresses for her, maybe.

Got the Hugh Wooding papers from Ranu. Expensive.

Had an interesting chat on MSN with A., talked about the editing of questionaire that I had completed for her. She more or less apologized for having done that. She said that J (who signed in from his office in the midst of the conversation) knew about the real answer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home