Hesitation Stockings, Hestiation Shoes

Saturday, November 06, 2004

New

Okay -- I'm unpacking the three boxes of books I didn't unpack before, but I can't actually get very far as I keep putting books to one side, or sitting down to read a few pages, instead of just putting them on a bookshelf. Some examples: Hegel's Philosophy of History, Shakespeare's Sonnets, and a book about nationalism in Canada called Is Blood Thicker Than Water? by J M. McPherson. I guess its not surprising that I find these books interesting as I pull them out of the box as I found each of them interesting enough to buy at one point or another. Some of the books actually remind me of the bookstore where I got them.

Went to the gym this morning; 88.8 kilos still. (gained weight in Inuvik it seems)

No Hockey Night In Canada tonight, which is too bad as it is a placemark in my Saturdays, even if I don't ever watch the entire game. In fact, I mostly want to catch Don Cherry.

Want to get a biography of Keats. I was very interested in seeing his house with S back in September.

Feel kind of sluggish. Should have vacummed; should have walked over to Canadian Tire and bought a hockey helmet. Should have continued on with the California novel (after going good on it in Inuvik), and should have finished up the Trinidad traveling writing for the CBC literary Awards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home