Hesitation Stockings, Hestiation Shoes

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Dream

I had a long dream last night. I was living near a highway and had to get somewhere. I think it was near Savona BC, maybe. But most of the first part of the dream is gone.

But the second part of the dream is very clear. I was walking with a bunch of people waiting to cross the highway at a traffic light where another road connected. Most of the people I couldn't see, but I knew they were there. However, I could see two very young children. Maybe two or three years old. One was slightly bigger and holding the hand of the other. One child had very blonde hair. The light changed and the group of people started to cross. I kept an eye on the two children as no other adult seemed to close to them. All of a sudden, as we were about half way across the street, the two children start to move faster and off to the left, to cross to the far side of the highway without completing the crossing of the secondary road first. I moved to follow them to try and keep them safe. A woman's voice came out from behind me, saying something to the children, asking them to be careful, but not saying they should stop. It occured to me that the children were near home and were hurrying now to get home. They knew where they were. There was no traffic and we all get across the highway safely. The children went faster and faster, they were no longer holding hands. I eventually had to start jogging to keep with them. One was slightly ahead of the other. They were paying no attention to me. They had home in their sights, as it seemed to me. My knee was not hurting and I felt I could jog beside them as long as it was needed. Then the two children turned into birds and flew away.

The blond hair of the one child reminds me of the little girl that SH and I saw in the underground train in London a couple of years ago. The two little boys are also around the age of L down in Trinidad. It is sort of like my older son, C, as he was 18 years ago or so, running with his half-brother. It is also has shades of my two older children, daughter and son, around the time we were living near Savona. Running for home. Of course, it is me that destroyed that home, in a way. Then they turn into birds and dissapear; being beside them, they came to no harm, sort of, and none they are free, or is it me? How many ways can my conscience find to rebuke me? Many.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home