Hesitation Stockings, Hestiation Shoes

Sunday, July 09, 2006

If this is your birthday

Yesterday was my birthday. The Globe & Mail newspaper provides a horoscope page (half page, really), which includes a "if it's your birthday" section. On my birthday this section advised, in somewhat alarming tones:

"There will be no easy victories this year but that's okay because you like to earn what you get. Anyone who thinks that, as a Cancerian, you can be intimidated by raw power obviously has not done their homework. There is a streak of stubborness in you a mile wide and it will serve you well over the coming 12 months. You never give up."

I purchased and had a little desk and swivel chair delivered to my third story (no elevator) apartment in the old Victorian house in which I live. The purpose of this was to be able to use the computer at home without the low-back-pain-producing straight-back dinner room chair that I had been using since mid May.

Had to help the delivery guy get the stuff (including a heavy bookcase) up the increasingly narrow stair-case. Thought it would have hurt my back, but, as it turned out, it might even have helped.

So, all of yesterday I spent putting all this stuff together in the sweaty and humid Ottawa summer-time.

Called Sh today. Nice chat. She fell down the staircase the other night because of, she says, being angry with me.

Might have to go to Toronto next week.

Went to the gym today for the first time in three weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home