Hesitation Stockings, Hestiation Shoes

Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Exercise At Last

Went to the Spartacus gym on Commercial today, and feel much better because of it. Had to wait until 9 am when I could buy a lock for the locker at the hardware store across the street (24-30-12). My level of anxiety has lowered a bit. Will go earlier tomorrow. It was a bit crowded when I was there.

Spent much of the afternoon applying for lawyer jobs in the UK. A couple seem pretty cool and we will see what happens. I suppose I should just go over there. But, of course, it is not so easy as that, what with Ananya coming and so on.

Doing all the laundry too today. So not much time to write. But I did read the 10 pages of the California novel done a few months back and liked it very much. When I give Jen the pages from the Joanne novel on Friday, then I can work on the California text. Need to put more time into writing each day! Really, I do.

Mailed the letter to Ananya. Funny, I had decided not to, and then a whim came over me and I decided I should -- just to do it. Just to get the thing tidy and away and not lying around in front of me. Didn't read it again or anything. I think the letter makes me look desperate and beseeching, and likely as not that will make me less desirable in Ananya's eyes. Which was more or less the opposite of the reason for writing. But: Done. Done. Done.

Tomorrow I will take my little box of writing materials down to the cafe after I am finished at the gym. Should be able to do lots. I know the table I want to use. A little rain has come back to Vancouver.

So, the GNWT in Yellowknife are now to send me a formal letter of offer. Which is comforting as until I get that and accept that I suppose the deal is not done. I need to think if leaving Vancouver to go up there is really the best. The same as for London, I suppose, but that seems a more positive step somehow, even if it is sure to lead to heart-ache.

The knee is feeling good tonight, although had me a little worried at the gym earlier.

Just called London. 5:00 am there. Let it ring twice and then hung up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home