Hesitation Stockings, Hestiation Shoes

Monday, August 02, 2004

First Day

Wedding yesterday went well. My nephew Oliver is off to visit his friend in Germany whose wife recently had a baby. Such a changing of the generations. The first of all the cousins from myself and my two sisters and one brother to marry. My mother looked frail and a little elderly at the reception, but animated and energetic.

This morning I set the alarm for 6:30 am. Was still sleepy but got up. I want to ensure a certain routine and discipline; I need to avoid lethargy and its close associate depression.

I went down to the Cafe Deux Soliel -- too bad it only opens at 8:00 am. Got a coffee (which still has me wired ... oddly, seems to affect me less if I have sugar with it, but don't want to do that). Luckily the writing went well, but man it is tiring and tedious by hand, although, truly, it is not easy anyway that you do it. But I have the next scene in my mind. The Oscar character is coming to life.

This morning I saw a couple pressed happily together on one side of small booth. Prompted a poem on my part. Also allowed me to recall the plot outline for a novel that had come to me a day or so ago and left me only with the memory of the idea, and not the content of the idea. Might be a short story ("Close My Eyes"). CBC literary contest maybe.

Went by the Spartucus gym. Have to find a new place, now that I can't exercise at the little gym at work (well, the place that use to be work). Can pay monthly with a credit card. I'm so shy that I have to steel myself to go someplace new. They have lots of machines. Need a lock for a day locker. They open at 5:30 am each morning, which is good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home